What You'll Need
- 1/8 cup salt
- 1 3/4 - 2 cups raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 4 cups water
- 18" x 12" baking sheet or pan
- 8 quart pot with lid
- Oven mitts
- Container to place baked seeds in
- Put water into 8 quart pot and add the salt. Stir to dissolve.
- Place pumpkin seeds in pot. Stir to get them wet, cover pot with lid.
- Bring pot to a boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour
- Drain pot into strainer and try to drain most of the water
- Spread seeds evenly into baking pan making sure seeds are not overlapping
- Lightly salt to taste
- Place pan into oven and bake at 350 degrees for 15 min, open door for a moment to release the moist air
- Decrease the temperature to 320 degrees for 10 - 15 more minutes.
- Remove pan from oven (use oven mitts so you don't burn your hand) and using a spatula, scrape the seeds into a container.