- 1 lb sliced top round (sandwich meat). You can use other cuts of beef if you wish.
- 1 pk Nesco Cure or 1.1 gm [6.25% Sodium Nitrate] Pink Curing Salt #1
- 1 Tbsp Onion power
- 1 Tbsp Garlic power
- 1/2 Tbsp Black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Celery seed
- 1/2 to 3/4 Tbsp Jalapeno pepper or Chipotle pepper or Red pepper or other pepper
- 2 Tbsp Teryaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp Hickory flavored Liquid smoke
- 2 Tbsp Molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and cure in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Lightly sprinkle each side of sliced meet. (place mix in a salt shaker)
- Cover meat and place in refrigerator for an hour.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients (including any leftover onion/garlic mix) together in a bowl and gently melt the sugar (I microwave on low for 2 - 3 min. but you could use the stove). Mix thoroughly.
- Coat each slice with the mix and place in a zip lock baggie or leave in bowl (cover) and place in refrigerator for 8 - 24 hrs.
- Dehydrate for 4 to 5 hrs. Don't pat dry meat before dehydrating.